Dear Parent/Guardian(s): August 23, 2022
I am excited to welcome you back to another great year of learning and success. We had a very exciting and engaging 5 week summer camp filled with social, emotional and academic learning. The Becker staff is looking forward to working with your children again this year. We will continue preparing our students this year by helping to build a strong foundation that will ensure growth and academic success for years to come.
The 2022-2023 school year will begin on Monday, August 29, 2022. The first day will be a half-day beginning at 8:55 A.M and ending at 12:05 P.M. We will be posting all classroom rosters in front of the school on Friday afternoon. Please look for your child’s name/classroom teacher on these rosters over the weekend or on Monday morning. We ask that you have your child line up and wait outside at the main entrance on Henson St. until entry time at 8:55 A.M. At that time, students will be greeted by their teachers and welcomed into the building.
During dismissal at 12:05 pm, all students will exit the building with their teacher. We ask that all parents please wait outside for your child to exit the building to ensure a safe and smooth dismissal for students.
Kindergarten Students Only
Kindergarten students will have a half-day the entire first 2 weeks of school as part of their soft start program beginning August 29th – September 9th. All kindergarten students will begin school at 8:55 a.m. and end at 12:05 p.m., the first two weeks of school. Breakfast will be available beginning at 8:30 for all students. Entry for breakfast is through the back doors near the playground. Kdg lunch will be served at 11:35 a.m. daily.
GSRP staff will be reaching out to families during the first week of September. At that time, GSRP families will be given start dates, schedules and expectations.
While Dearborn Public Schools provides all school supplies and learning materials required for all students, a donation of additional items is much appreciated
- Optional supply lists organized by grade level can be found on our school blog: https://becker.dearbornschools.org/
Click here for the Becker School Supplies List
Important Home Routines
Please keep in mind that now is a good time to begin transitions for our children. We should adjust bedtimes and wake up times so that students are beginning basic schedules to help get back into the routine of school. Most importantly, continue reading with your child each day to help prepare them for a successful school year. In the coming weeks, you should look for an invitation to attend a class meeting. Each classroom teacher will host a meeting. During the meeting you will receive information regarding procedures, assessments, academic goals, parent involvement activities, blogs and daily responsibilities and expectations at Becker Elementary.
Thank you for entrusting me to be part of your child’s success and know that I will always do what is best for all students. I look forward to meeting all of you in the coming weeks. My door is always open for any concerns or input you may have. I wish you all a safe, and successful school year.
Becker Elementary School
- Monday, August 29th: First day of school – half -day (9:00 am – 12:05 am). Breakfast available at 8:30 a.m. -8:50 a.m. – No Lunch
- Tuesday, August 30: First full day of school (8:55am – 3:55 pm) for grades 1st through 5th. ½ day for kdg. Breakfast and lunch begin for all students in kdg-5th grade
- Monday, August 29th – Friday, September 9th. Kindergarten Soft Start (8:55 a.m. – 12:05 p.m.)
- Friday, September 2nd and Monday, September 5th: No School, Labor Day Recess
- Thursday, Sept 8th: Open House (6:00pm – 7:30pm)
- Friday, September 16 – ½ day all students(student dismissal at 12:05pm)
- Wednesday, September 21 – Late start all students – School Begins at 9:55 am
- Friday, October 7: ½ day all students (student dismissal at 12:05pm)
- Wednesday, October 12: Late start all students – School Begins at 9:55 am
- Friday, October 28: ½ day all students (student dismissal at 12:05pm)
- Monday, November 7, 10, & 16 – Parent Teacher Conferences (by appointment only)
- Tuesday, November 8th– Election Day, No school for students
- November 23-25– No School, Thanksgiving break
- Wednesday, December 7 – Late start all students (school begins at 9:55am)
- December 26 – January 6 – No School Christmas Break